Monday, August 1, 2011

Cookies from The-Mom-Next-Door


We just returned from a 3-week vacation and I have a lot of things I want to blog about! I saw lots of old things that got me excited: vintage houses, signs, cars, towns, plantations, cemeteries, trees, homesteads, churches and more. I'll be writing more in a few days when I get my pictures loaded onto my computer.

But today I have a simple recipe to share. I needed a treat for tonight and my daughter requested a special chocolate chip recipe I have. This recipe goes way back to when I was a kid! My neighbor's mom made these a lot and we loved them! My mom finally asked for the recipe which is why I am able to make these for my own kids. This recipe is unique because it uses 1/2 vanilla and 1/2 almond extract for the flavoring. It makes a wonderful difference! Taking a bite brings me back 20+ years...how nice!

Chocolate Chip Cookies from Mrs. Mildon
1 cup softened margarine
3/4 cup sugar
3/4 cup brown sugar
1 egg
1/2 tsp. vanilla
1/2 tsp. almond extract
2 3/4 cups flour
1 tsp. soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1 package (12 oz.) chocolate chips

Heat oven to 375. Mix margarine, sugars and egg. Mix in vanilla and almond extract. Stir in flour, baking soda, and salt. Stir in chocolate chips. Put dough balls on ungreased cookie sheet. Bake until light brown, 8-10 minutes. 

Makes 6 dozen cookies.



No comments:

Post a Comment